Come and join the Passivhaus revolution. Together, we can raise building and living standards, end fuel poverty and achieve our net zero targets. To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Established in 2010, Beattie Passive is the first company in the UK to be awarded Passivhaus certification for a complete build system. We have since become a leading provider of modular Passivhaus homes in the UK, committed to building and retrofitting high performing homes that can help reduce energy requirements by up to 90%. We deliver a range of products across both self-build and social housing markets.
Location: Beattie Passive Operations, Carrow Works, Bracondale, Norwich
Reporting Arrangements and Main Contacts
The Architectural Technician/Technologist will be accountable to the Directors of Beattie Passive and shall report directly to the Lead Architectural Technologist.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities
1. Contribute to the achievement of Beattie Passive objectives and targets
2. Develop knowledge of the patented Beattie Passive Build System and bespoke 3D modelling system
3. Demonstrate knowledge of residential building construction, legislation and codes of practice
4. Assist with the preparation of drawings and specifications to a high standard, compliant with appropriate current standards
5. Assist with the management and administration of projects
6. Develop, maintain and use IT skills including AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit / BIM and specification systems
7. Liaise with and lead other project consultants in the furtherance of building projects
8. Plan and monitor the time and costs associated with projects as allocated and take action to ensure that the agreed rate of return is achieved
9. Assist on the delivery of quality assured, Beattie Passive products and services to meet agreed client requirements
10. Make visits to other offices and project sites when required
11. Identify new business opportunities, and bring these to the attention of the Team Leader
12. Carry out other duties appropriate to the level and character of the post
13. Employ Passivhaus principles and demonstrate willingness to learn and contribute to company knowledge base
14. Preparation of 3D structural frame modelling, 2D construction detailing, scheduling, shop and production drawings, material quantification
Key Result Areas
The post holder will be expected to:
1. Carry out allocated tasks competently, professionally and accurately within determined timescales, financial budgets and fee/cost targets
2. Provide effective support and assistance
3. Adhere to agreed Practice procedures, technical standards and design policies
4. Communicate with other professionals and trade persons in a clear, positive and effective manner
5. Promote a sound rapport with clients to develop the client base
6. Assist in the achievement of Beattie Passive objectives and targets
7. Deal with a range of clients including self-build clients
Experience (E=Essential D=Desirable Criteria)
E Relevant experience in a similar environment.
E Minimum HNC in Building Technology or Architectural Studies or equivalent.
Skills, knowledge and aptitudes
E Knowledge and enthusiasm for low energy design and Passivhaus principles.
E Demonstrate innovation and forward-thinking attributes that embrace new ideas and technologies from a sustainability perspective.
E Demonstrate ability to produce and communicate technical information in written and drawn format using manual and IT based systems.
E Proficiency in using Revit. Ability to produce and adapt parametric families.
E Proficiency in using AutoCAD and Sketchup, and Microsoft Excel/Word.
E Demonstrate ability to successfully progress a project at different project stages.
E Be flexible and able to plan and carry out workload to meet tight deadlines, and to work constructively within a team.
E Previous experience of residential design.
E Possess a responsive, positive, constructive and flexible attitude towards working arrangements within a team environment.
E Must have relevant construction and health and safety knowledge/legislation.
E Commercial awareness.
D Good organisational skills.
D Ability to undertake surveys and preparing records of existing buildings and sites.
E Thorough knowledge of current UK Building Regulations.
Personal qualities and social skills
E Confident, positive and courteous attitude and manner with good communication skills in person, on the telephone and within online meetings.
E Demonstrate ability and commitment to customer care.
E Conscientious and self-motivated.
E Be adaptable to the various duties of the post.
E Ability to work on own initiative as an individual or as a team member with minimal supervision.
E Punctual timekeeping with flexibility for change when workload requires.
D Current valid driving licence and access to a vehicle.
E Must be able to travel across the country.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org